You are to write a research proposal for HIST 460 addressing any research topic relating to the Revolutionary era.
- Define a reasearch project that can be used in the History capstone class, HIST 650
- or if you choose, a capstone in a related field
Parts of the Project:
- due April 18: a short 150-200 word statement defining your general topic and articulating the importance of your question
- due May 7: a working bibliography including at least 10 potential sources:
- at least 7 secondary works (both books and articles)
- at least 3 primary sources or primary source collections
- due May 21: a detailed outline, including the introductory and concluding paragraphs
- due May 30: the final draft, a 3000-4700 word paper (excluding the bibliography)
Track Your Progress
RefWorks is a web-based citation manager provided by the library. Our subscription to RefWorks lets you create a database of your research. Entries, including abstracts of articles, can be downloaded directly from a number of online research sources, or you can create records for articles, books, websites, and more. RefWorks has the added benefit of allowing you to include notes on your research. Bibliographies can be drafted from the entries in your RefWorks database in AAA, ACS, APA, Chicago, and MLA style, plus dozens of formats for publication in specific journals.